Satellite photo of The Gates in Central Park



I was just reading about the unveiling of Christo and Jeanne-Claude's latest sculpture in Central Park, New York City - The Gates.

Wouldn't it be really interesting to see an aerial photo of the 7500 gates which line the 23 miles of walkways through Central Park? I have just done a quick Google search but all I can find is a satellite photo of the park from 2003 - but what a great image it is anyway!

The New York Times has a diagrammatic representation of The Gates overlaid on a washed out satellite image but not an image which includes trails of saffron coloured fabric as seen from space.

I really want to go back and visit New York at some point in the not too distant future, I really enjoyed it last time I was there (on a university field trip).

Update: BBC News online has a video clip from the unveiling. NY Times links added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment